It’s time for me to start organizing the February meeting for the Istanbul NEG. The process will involve a few steps:
- I have created a Yahoo! Group and invited everyone whose emails I had handy from the first meeting. If you have not received an invitation let me know (cem at selectminds dot com).
- If you know people who’d be interested in joining the group, let me know.
- I will poll the group members to see what dates would work best. My nominees will be February 16, 21 and 22. Vote here.
- I would like to have short presentations for this meeting from: entrepreneurs who’d like to showcase their companies, project managers from large companies who’d like to introduce their projects, and funds (or angels) who’d like to discuss their interest areas. If you, or anyone you know, would like to present, please let me know.
- I was not able to check with Bizim Tepe (where we had the first meeting) to see about their availability on the above dates. We will need to have a reliable internet connection and a presentation set-up. If you have suggestions for a different venue, or can host a meeting of about 50 people, please let me know.
I am looking forward to a vibrant event where we can begin to see ideas flowing. (For a good discussion on idea flow, see point #2 under "Angels & Demons".)