Fabrice Grinda is becoming an expert on happiness (there I contribute to the trend :)), and here are some thoughts on what it takes to be happy:
- Don’t equate happiness with money.
- Don’t commute.
- Exercise regularly.
- Have lots of sex.
- Devote time and effort to close relationships.
- Pause for reflection, meditate on the good things in life (in other words be grateful).
- Seek work that engages your skills, look to enjoy your job.
- Give your body the sleep it needs.
- Don’t pursue happiness for its own sake, enjoy the moment.
- Take control of your life, set yourself achievable goals (in other words have goals).
- Have an optimistic attitude and outlook on life.
On a more serious note, a previous post by Fabrice refers to a recent Harvard Magazine article, dealing with the issue.